If you enjoy a Mars Bar slice, you’ll love this very easy recipe! All you need is 4 ingredients and this Mars Bar slice can be yours within minutes!
Personally I’m not a huge fan of Mars Bar slice – I’d rather just eat the Mars Bar (!), but my family love this quick and easy treat.
The four ingredients you’ll need are Mars Bars (obviously), butter, chocolate and Rice Bubbles – you don’t need to use the Kellogs, brand name version (but you can), as you can see, I’m making them today with Coles brand Rice Puffs.
All you need to do is cut up your Mars Bars into bite sized pieces then add them to a saucepan with the butter.
Melt these two ingredients together over low heat, stirring to help break up the Mars Bar pieces.
Once the butter and Mars Bar pieces have melted together, remove from the heat and add your Rice Bubbles (or Rice Puffs). Mix well.
Press the mixture into a square baking tin, lined with baking paper.
Leave the slice to set while you melt your chocolate. You can melt the chocolate whichever way you like – a double boiler or with slow, direct heat on the stove top, but I like to use the microwave. To do this, break the chocolate into pieces and add them to a microwave safe bowl.
Heat in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir (even if it doesn’t look as though it has melted yet), then return to the microwave for another 30 seconds. Repeat if necessary.
Once the chocolate has melted, simply pour it on top of the slice and spread out over the surface.
Leave it to set in the fridge, then simply slice and serve!
I told you it was easy!
Easy Mars Bar Slice Recipe
Easy Mars Bar Slice Recipe
- 3 Mars Bars
- 90 g Unsalted Butter
- 3 Cups Rice Bubbles (or Rice Puffs or equivalent breakfast cereal)
- 1 block of chocolate (used to be 200g but now most are 180g) (I personally prefer dark chocolate but milk chocolate is more commonly used - use whichever you prefer or happen to have in the pantry).
- Cut the Mars Bars up into small pieces.
- Add chopped Mars Bars and butter to a saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and add the Rice Bubbles/Puffs.
- Mix well.
- Press into the base of a lined, square baking tin.
- While the slice is left to set, melt the chocolate by breaking into pieces and adding it to a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat chocolate on high in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Heat for another 30 seconds and stir again.
- Repeat again if chocolate has not fully melted, but reduce time in microwave to only 10 second intervals to make sure you do not overcook or burn your chocolate.
- Once chocolate has melted, pour over the top of the slice base and spread.
- Place slice into the fridge to set.
- Slice and enjoy.
I told you this was an easy recipe – it doesn’t get much easier than a simple melt and mix! I personally don’t usually have Mars Bars in the house, so this is not a slice I can typically whip up with pantry staple ingredients.
But, when the supermarkets have a sale on Mars Bars (sometimes you can get them for $1 each), it’s worth grabbing a few and giving this slice a go – it’s a real crowd pleaser!