How do you make the ultimate snack or dessert? Combine two of the best foods in the world! If you love cheesecake and brownies you need to try these amazing cheesecake brownies. It’s a simple recipe and very easy to make “from scratch” so I’m not sure why there are so many recipes floating around the net that involve using a boxed brownie mix.
Yes, you could do the same thing using a boxed brownie mix but, everything tastes better made from scratch and it’s easy to do, so, as far as I’m concerned, you might as well make it all from scratch.
To make it extra easy and save on dishes, I make the brownie batter all in one bowl, then use a different bowl or a food processor to mix up the cheesecake part of the mixture. To do this I use a large, microwave safe bowl and begin by melting the butter in the bowl in the microwave.
Then I just add and stir each brownie ingredient into the mixture in the order listed. So, to the melted butter add the sugar, cocoa, vanilla, white vinegar, eggs and then the flour, stirring after each addition.
Then pour about ¾ of the brownie batter into a lined 8 x 8inch pan.
Don’t forget to keep ¼ of the brownie mixture aside as you’ll need it later to put on top of the cheesecake layer.
Next you’ll either need a new bowl and handheld beaters or else use a food processor, blender or thermomix type device to blend together the cheesecake ingredients. Simply add the cheesecake ingredients to the bowl (cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg) and blend until smooth.
Then you just need to spread the cream cheese/cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie batter.
Now it’s time for the leftover brownie batter to be dolloped on top of the cheesecake mixture.
Next use a skewer or a knife to swirl the mixtures together and give that nice, marbled effect.
Then it just goes into the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
Allow to cool completely before cutting into brownie sized pieces.
Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
The Best Cheesecake Brownies From Scratch
For the brownie:
- 125g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup flour
For the cheesecake:
- 1 package (250g) cream cheese softened
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180℃ / 350℉.
- Line a square baking pan (roughly 8 x 8inches) with baking paper.
- Melt butter in the microwave in a large, microwave safe bowl.
- Add the rest of the brownie ingredients one at a time in the order listed in the ingredients section.
- Stir the mixture after each addition.
- Pour ¾ of the brownie batter into the prepared tin.
- Use an electric mixer to blend together the cheesecake ingredients, blend until smooth.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the raw brownie batter.
- Dollop the remaining brownie batter on top of the cheesecake mixture.
- Use a skewer or a knife to swirl the mixtures together and create the marbled effect.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting and enjoying.
If you like cheesecake and you like brownies (and let’s face it, who doesn’t?), you really should give these cheesecake brownies a try.
We don’t make them as often as we should in our house as we tend to rely on our favourite brownie recipe and also because they require cream cheese which I usually only buy if I’m planning on making my famous lemon cheesecake or our favourite baked cheesecake.
But, this recipe is well worth buying a packet of cream cheese next time you shop as you can satisfy both your cream cheese craving and your brownie cravings all at once!